FOUND : Fragment Fifteen: Reunions and Revivals - Gnascorius

I’m scared out of my mind but I’m also meeting Martin Rank tomorrow so I’m fanboying a little bit.

13 Likes

Honestly, you two are like a power combo. I have so much faith in you guys!

7 Likes

I’m jealous! Yeah, and I’m not sleeping tonight either.

9 Likes

I mean, I’ve seen the Storm before. It’s scary as hell. But I’ve seen it so I can sort of… reason that I’m gonna see it again? But the part that keeps hitting me in waves is that everybody has said this is the last shot. This is it. Magiq will be gone if this doesn’t work. You guys are gonna be rock stars, but I could screw this up in a hundred different ways, and having it all on my shoulders… man. It’s rough.

11 Likes

Don’t worry Cole, in the final hour you wont be alone. We are all gonna be there, in love and magiq.

9 Likes

There’s no one I’d trust more to do this than you, Cole. You and Marty got this.

What you two have seen and done makes this look like a walk in the park.

7 Likes

We all believe in you, Cole!

7 Likes

Cole, this won’t be easy, but I couldn’t think of a better guy to stare down the storm. You’ve been here for us since the very first fragment. You were the one who dreamt of the Fraylily. You were the one who helped us solve the mystery of the obenhedge. You found the Traveler’s coin, at night, at the Triplet’s Bridge and heard Brandon’s phone message. You were the one who stood down an angry, fire-spewing apprentice and freed Deeds from her magiqal shackles. And you’ve been Deeds’ rock throughout this entire wild journey.

You are brave and smart and capable. You’re not gonna screw this up. Just like every challenge that’s been thrown your way, you’ll succeed. You’re gonna be absolutely spectacular, so just believe in yourself!

9 Likes

Good luck! Stay safe! We’re all rooting for you guys!

6 Likes

What if this doesn’t work? If the trade isn’t enough? If our power isn’t enough? Do we disappear? Do we go on without magiq? Would we forget magiq altogether? If we lose all magiq I almost hope we forget. I don’t want to remember what we almost had, what we couldn’t save. But I don’t want to forget either. This time has been precious and knowing all of you is a true blessing. We need to do this right. I can’t bear to lose what I’ve worked so hard for. What we’ve all worked so hard for.

8 Likes

Well, even if it disappears, at least we tried

3 Likes

Okay guys, the day is here. How are we doing this?

6 Likes

I’m going to create a new thread in a bit where we can communicate with Cole and perform the spells. All activity can move there.

13 Likes

Morning Mountaineers. Today’s the day. I hope you’re ready.
I’ve been texting with Marty this morning. He’s still rounding up any last minute help he can, then he’s heading back to the city to meet your friend Cole.

He’s hellbent on being there at “landfall.” And some of you know why. I think he plans on being a failsafe if something goes wrong with the trade so you can finish your mission.

But you should know something. About the Nate part of the Storm. Something I already told Marty.

I’ve heard about people being traded. It doesn’t end well. They lose pieces of themselves. It’s not Sweeper bad, the complete memory wipe, but in a way it’s worse. You still have some of your faculties, enough to know you aren’t where you’re supposed to be. You just don’t know what happened to you or how to undo it. You’re lost. To the world, to time, to yourself. It’s why they called it “Wanderer.” I know that’s not the news you wanna hear, but you deserve to know everything.

So… turns out I have business to take care of that’s gonna coincide with your spell. But you’ll have help here.

If we meet up on the other side of all of this, we have a lot of catching up to do. And the age-appropriate drink of your choice is on me. After all, you saved her life when I couldn’t.

Your nightmare buddy,
Benefactor

19 Likes

Nightmare buddy… Knatz? Saberlane? Is this what you’ve been doing for the past 20 years?

12 Likes

Wait a sec nightmare buddy? You cant be, its not possible! We thought the Storm had got you!

5 Likes

I figure the jig is up considering what’s about to go down, and you deserve some explanation. I couldn’t go through with it. I couldn’t be some mindless, passionless drone and not be able to show my daughter that the world was so much bigger than anybody thought. So at the last minute I gave Lane the coin and I ran. Seeing her when I could, in secret, when it was safe, teaching her from a distance about her gift, about magiq. She probably would’ve had a safer life without me but it is what it is. She’s special. Powerful. The Council came to her when they needed to find a way to teach you about Nate, about Wanderer. But she got too close to KS and they came for her before I could do anything. But I helped when I could. Requested the spells you needed from The Low. Got some unsavories off your back a couple times (those damned Devoted, amiright?) And you saved her. Hell, you’ve just about saved everybody.

No pressure, but you bring down the Storm, I can see my daughter’s face again.

21 Likes

We will do our best, I want nothing more than a happy reunion for you two.

11 Likes

We will do everything in our power to bring down the storm so you can see your daughter again

9 Likes

I just want to find and hug you. I thought you were completely gone.

12 Likes