FAQs

Hey everybody!

We’re working on putting together an FAQ list for the site and thought we’d do a little crowdsourcing.

Right now we’re thinking about keeping it simple with maybe about 10 questions, half about @CJB, and half about Ackerly Green. So, with that in mind, is there anything in particular that you remember having questions about or would have liked to know/better understand when you first joined up? No question is too trivial, any avenue for potential confusion is valid and worth our attention.

We’re so far removed from that experience at this point that it’s hard for us to imagine the kinds of questions a new reader might have at first glance, which is why you all, as always, are our best and most valued resource :cjheart:

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

13 Likes

I think a clear delineation between what’s immersive versus out-of-world, and where to post each content would be helpful.

14 Likes

Maybe a question about 'What parts of the forum are "In-Game vs out…

Dangit Augustus!

Maybe a catchall like “Where can I find more info about XYZ?” and have a link to the wiki.

15 Likes

blows the smoke off of his index finger

13 Likes

Maybe something explaining trust levels and what they unlock?

16 Likes

These are all great! We’ll be sure to include a section specific to the Forum. Anything related to Ackerly Green as a company, or any of the concepts within the Magiqverse?

10 Likes

I think a breakdown of the way AGP proper interacts with the Forum content would be helpful. I.e. how our roleplay interacts with published AGP canon.

14 Likes

“I got sorted into X guild but I’ve seen how awesome Weatherwatch is and I want to join their guild. How do I do that?”

13 Likes

You don’t because Thornmouth is better :wink:

8 Likes

id like to get like… a casual look at the publishing office itself in full. it’d be neat to see what a real publisher looks like, or learn how it works, for those looking to get into it themselves. Im almost certainly not one of those, but im sure it’d be interesting to those who are. Hell, even something on how to submit works to the magazine or something?

10 Likes

Going off of that, just a general answer to “What is Ackerly Green?” Or “Where is Ackerly Green located?”

12 Likes

https://ackerlygreen.com/faq/

:hermanthumbs:

14 Likes

Very comprehensive and neatly organized!

12 Likes

And please keep submitting questions. We want this FAQ to keep growing.

13 Likes

I’m sure some of the new Mounties will definitely be able to contribute to this thread!

9 Likes

I love the question about posting in old threads. I really enjoy that people still contribute ideas and theories to all the interesting nooks and crannies we have built here.

Thanks for thinking of including that!

10 Likes

How to truly use the forum as a newcomer. It’s all bright and shiny and spectacular…if I new how to interact in the rpg portion

10 Likes

Everything you need to know about immersion and roleplaying is here in the Forum Primer and in this post. Earning trust levels gains you access to the roleplaying areas. We want to make sure new readers are familiar with the world and the community first.

11 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Q&A Super Topic: Ask Your Questions Here!