Collaborative Oracle Deck

I’ve had Prisma Visions for about a year! I love it so much.

5 Likes

Eep! This is so cool!
I’ve been working with Tarot actively for about four years, but I’ve been sort of casually, passively learning about it for closer to seven or eight.
I’ve only gotten through TMP1 right now, but I, too, also, too, got very divinatory vibes reading it and found myself craving something tangible to go with it.
It seems like there are enough ideas in here to start work on SEVERAL different kinds and styles of decks;
A general Mountaineer deck; could be based on the Major Arcana of Tarot but used as it’s own deck. 0-Fool/Newbie; 1-Magician/Recruit; 2-High Priestess/Member; 3-Emperor/Regular; etc… There might not be exact correlations all the way through, but I think as a group it would be easy to augment and substitute as called for. Then there could be other, more specific add on decks; one for each of the guilds in a Minor Arcana/traditional deck-style; potentially further augmented deck styles, one for each of the books; so on, so forth…
I hope I’m not overstepping here - y’all are very inspirational!

11 Likes

In order to try keeping this thread alive, I’m gonna start brainstorming some potential cards/intentions and hope some other folks will jump in and help fill more out.
I figure it’ll be easier to design cards/write a booklet after we have some idea what we’re working with? Maybe?

Potential Mountaineer Card ; Intentions

[Newbie?] ; The unaware wanderer, eager for adventure, unaware of the pitfalls ahead. Don’t rush yourself or the journey. Mistakes are made in haste. Patience and preparation are your best tools in new lands. Look, listen, discover, and forge ahead.

[???] ; Now you know the rules of the world, you’ve gathered the materials you need, and it’s time to start creating something new. Mistakes are part of the learning process, don’t beat yourself up if it doesn’t work the first time - but be cautious, try small things starting out so a mistake doesn’t become a problem you can’t solve on your own.

[Member?] ; You have proven yourself worthy and now you, yourself have become one of the gatekeepers you once cursed. Now you know why some things are kept secret - breaching the veil is a more arduous task than the Fool/Newbie or Magician/Recruit could understand; an important step, but not one to be taken lightly. On the other side of it, you now can see that some people simply aren’t ready, no matter how badly they want to join you. Sometimes, it is a kindness to say “no”.

[Regular?] ; Your kingdom is in your hands, it is everything you ever asked for - is what you asked for what you actually what you wanted? Or has this instant of gratification lost its luster so quickly? While people are relying on you, you are responsible to them. Be patient - finish what you’ve started. If you’re still restless at the end of this endeavor, abdicate the throne. You can always start again.

So, I’m gonna post this as is for now (I am just pleased as punch that these first 4 cards had such direct correlations) and come back editing in more of the Major Arcana as I go. If anyone wants to chime in with other potential Mountaineer correlations, or even [THINGS] that you think should be in the Mountaineer deck, I might be able to think of the Tarot card it could replace?? Again, I’m only just starting TMP2 - I’m not opposed to spoilers, I’m just a little behind for specific reference material. :innocent::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Continuing;

Recruit ; (per convo w/@Rimor) If you have been dutiful to your responsibilities in your community, you now get to reap the rewards. The fields are ripe, your people are happy, and you get to reap the reward of a job well done. Yes, there is always more work to do, but now is the time to acknowledge the fruits of your labor, and congratulate your friends and helpers on a job well done. You all have earned it.

[Guild Leader?] ; You are no longer recognized as a peer by those you consider peers, anymore. Those you have considered mentors are now embracing you as one of your own. It is no longer your job to toil and labor in the weeds - your skills and experience are needed to teach others to take on those roles you once filled. What once was burdensome, you found a way to make easy - share that knowledge so that we all can progress together. Tell and retell the stories of where we come from, translate them so each group who listens can find something to connect to. It is a heavy burden to be a knowledge keeper, but embracing this role will help you find new avenues for your own adventure in return.

[Cagliostro?] ; Partnership - not necessarily a romantic partnership, though one or both partners may have some confusing emotions. This is a partnership of minds and wills and desires, which is exactly why it can be so confusing. Either person would sacrifice anything to see the other happy, successful, and free. This partnership can become quickly convoluted and toxic if either party is hiding crucial information; however, if both parties are forth coming, great things will come from the shared adventure.

Wagoneer ; Successful progress, overcoming obstacles, and handing over the reigns of the upcoming adventure. When this card appears you can expect quick answers to questions, positive news heading your way, and encouragement to focus on the task at hand - keep your eyes on the road, as it were. You can’t be in two places at once, so make sure your affairs are in order, because once you get moving, there’s no going/looking back. (@Rimor; “Jump on the bandwagon”)

Okay, I’m gonna pause again and hope someone will chime in with a “yea” or “nay” on some of this - make sure I’m headed in a direction that other folks are interested in pursuing as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Continuing;

??? ; See the beauty in the beast; whether within yourself, or within a bigger situation. Chaos, impulse, and inner wilds have their own, untamed beauty. Sometimes, to tame a thing is to break its inherent nature. Wild workings don’t always have obvious explanations - trust your gut. You may not understand “why” right now, but if it feels right, there is something you need to uncover, and if it feels wrong, you need to back away.

??? ; Step away - the world is overwhelming. The push and pull of external expectation have drained you and you are now lost in your own skin. Look inward, rekindle your inner knowing, remove the outside noise and find the still, small voice which whispers your inner truth. There is nothing you can do to solve the problems at hand. If you rail against the stillness, you will only create more churning waves. Find peace in knowing you have done all you can, make note of what you have done, and be patient as you wait to where you will be needed next.

??? ; What goes around comes around. Whatever you have sent out into the world, both good and bad, is coming back to you. Take responsibility for both. Only in recognizing the results of our own actions can we learn if we are living our lives the way we really want to. Don’t be afraid of the consequences - they will be a lesson, and you will learn a new approach to these situations in the future. Don’t be too eager for the rewards - greed is a bad color on everyone. Accept the ebb and flow that karma offers, and change your patterns of behavior if you don’t like their current results.

??? ; In any disagreement you will find there are three stories - your story, my story, and the truth. This card calls on you to find the truth, regardless of who turns out to be right or wrong. Imagine yourself as an outside observer - what can you see from a neutral perspective the you could not see from your own point of view? Is there more to the story than you originally thought? Is there an external influence you couldn’t see from where you stood before? This is not a call for judge and jury, simply a witnessing and testimony of facts. Facts don’t lie.

??? ; The path you are walking has become an obstacle you cannot overcome. You keep throwing yourself at it, but it only gets harder. Like a paper finger trap, brute force will not save you. Grace and finesse are called for, now. There’s always a loophole if you’re creative enough.

Okay, gonna leave this up for a bit and see what other hits we get. Little over halfway through my personal interpretations of the Major Arcana! Great work, everyone! Thanks for the encouragement - I’m excited to see where this keeps going!

Continuing;
I think I’m gonna try doing a couple of these as just keyword or concept lists and see if that opens up more opportunities for people to find something to latch onto :sunglasses:

??? ;* Keywords: End of a cycle, shedding old habit and ways of thinking, transformation, alchemy, closing doors, sands through an hourglass, a rose’s last petal, decay, absence, darkness, mystery, unknown, shedding old skin

??? ;* Pressure then release, work then play, reality then dreams, intensity then relaxation, focus, testing, planning new boundaries, discovering new challenges, forging ahead, putting in the work

??? ;* Temptation, indulgence, luxury, trickery, half-wishes, crossroads deals, actively ignoring warning signs, foreboding, impostor syndrome, self-imposed entrapment, sacrifice, falsehood, impishness

??? ;* Thwarted plans, unstable foundation, betrayal, subterfuge, out of control, failure, denial, self doubt, unscrupulous dealings, shadowy whispers, shady dealings, random act of nature, wild card, misdirection, unlucky circumstances

Pausing again; thanks for everyone’s continued patience and interest :blush:

12 Likes

I’d probably have chariot as Wagoneers since out catch phrase is jump on the band wagon! :laughing:

5 Likes

I love that! Hey, as a Wagoneer, how would you describe what it feels like becoming/being a Wagoneer?

7 Likes

Its a great honour to be a Wagoneer as we’re the first to greet and orientate new recruits to this wonderful community. Once we’ve done that they take the reigns and begin their adventures here! Even after we’ve welcomed them we continue to support and encourage as they participate! We’re also always quick to answer any questions!

9 Likes

Hypothetically, if the original Tarot Card “titles” weren’t listed, do you think the description of the Chariot or Empress fits more with the role you serve?
I’ve only kept the titles right now since they help me organize my thoughts, but since this isn’t a Tarot deck, I want to make sure that the right… archetypal roles (?) are being represented best for the Magiqverse

9 Likes

I don’t know to me empress sounds like a new recruit to the community who has worked hard and settled in well like @SabineBean for example

8 Likes

Ooh, excellent. I’ll stop notating what the tarot-associated card is and just describe some of the archetypal attributes!

7 Likes

I think @Rimor is on the nose with the first quote I included. With the how it feels and what not.

I think the 2nd quote is the more so hoped for part. Mainly being that not all recruits actually stick around or are active. Although quite a few do, not all. It’s an amazing feeling watching someone you’ve recruited really take this challenge of rising through the forum head on and be successful. Sometimes they even beat you to one of your goals! (I’m talking about you @SabineBean :joy:)

10 Likes

@Rimor - would one (or both) of you like to put together a sort of “description” of what the Wagoneer card should really represent for this exercise? I think people with experience in the role would be better suited than my more… generic, shall we say, descriptions based off tarot archetypes.
I really, really like how the deck is already starting to take on a life and shape of its own!

7 Likes

To me it looks pretty good, but @Rimor and I will have a discussion and get back to you! If @BrokenVoid gets on soon all three of us might work on it.

7 Likes

This is looking really cool, guys! It’s awesome to see how relevant some of our roles are to these archetypes as well :cjsmile:

10 Likes

That’s very cool! But @Ignatius @Rimor the Empress is the only card I absolutely could not be (that’s my ex gf’s card haha) but I’m intrigued to see how all of this goes!
I do feel like the chariot works well for the wagoneers too! It’s about overcoming conflicts and moving forward through hard work, if I remember right! :cherry_blossom:

10 Likes

If we’re making in all Maqiqversey then its not really the empress card now is it? Besides I think that card works, if nothing else it works here, and now. Perhaps it will change in the future, you never know. (Just let us give you compliments lol)

On another note @Hekate I promise we are discussing it, but we keep having to take breaks from the conversation as the real world demands attention lol

10 Likes

No worries, no rush; I have an excessive amount of time on my hands right now and this gives me a creative project to channel that into :sunglasses::crystal_ball::flower_playing_cards:
@SabineBean Fear not, new friend; indeed Ignatius is correct - I was using what I was familiar with (tarot) to help me understand how to tap into what I’m less familiar with (Magiqverse). No more numbers, fewer direct tarot references moving forward. Now I’m focusing on essence and intent. I’d love to get your thoughts on the other cards so far, if you’re so inclined?
Side note; sorry about the ex-girlfriend - if Empress ain’t happy, the whole kingdom goes to turmoil :disappointed:

10 Likes

@Hekate Don’t worry about it! I’m on decent terms with all of my exes, it’s more of a ‘this belongs to her and I wouldn’t want to encroach on something she resonates with’ feeling than a particularly bad one. This is also why I can’t watch the new Moomin series :blossom: (Also @Ignatius I do love the compliments, thank you!!)

And as for thoughts on the other cards you’ve been brainstorming, I’ll leave the rest of the Wagoneers discussion to them (for now) and have a look at the others! I’m a big fan of your description of the Cagliostro one, partnership and learning seem to be the major themes involved there. Perhaps inheritance and the concept of borrowed ideals could be involved with that card also?
Recruit is good. It comes with a sense of victory that feels well placed. If you have worked hard you will be rewarded just as hard. It’s a good concept and feels well needed!
Guild leader showing a progression and change, new responsibility and commitment are inevitable, and there’s suddenly a sense that others are relying heavily on you. That’s the feeling I get from that, so I think what you said works just fine!
I get a good sense of gentleness from your descriptions, you’ve really taken the time to consider all of these concepts so nicely! What wonderful work you’ve been doing! :cherry_blossom:

10 Likes

Okie, so, now that I have finished Cosmos & Time, and starting to catch up on the current narratives, I’m wondering if this Oracle (or maybe Herald) Deck could also function as a bit of a picture primer for newbies?
Like…
Forum Activity

• Mundane - Oblivious, unaware of their full surroundings, uninterested in exploration/adventure, happy to leave well enough alone.
  • Newbie - Testing the waters, determining their place, choosing whether to jump in or bail out, uncertain
  • Recruit - Responsible, community focused, driven, eager, hopeful, yearning, determined, seeking to belong, still proving their mettle
  • Member - ???
  • Regular - ???
  • Wagoneer - First contact, open arms, helping hand, support system, planting seeds, urging others along, driving the bandwagon and helping as many people hop on as you can
  • Guild Leader - ???
  • Out of World - I imagine this as sort of the… Location version of Mundane? Like, you know there are two worlds, but ordinary things need your attention right now. Magiq will always be there waiting, so tend to your responsibilities or you may lose your place in your own reality?
  • In World - Magiq is all around you if you’re only willing to believe it. This is the grey in-between place before you are fully accepted into the Magiqal Wilds. Hold steady as you await your final invitation - your perseverance is paying off.
  • Discord Server - ???

Flora & Fauna

• The Reporter - Someone who observes without getting involved, a note taker, an organizer, a celebrator of other people’s achievements. Someone who is capable of more than they think, if only they would take action.
  • The Heir/ess(?) - A promised future awaits this person, a path has been laid out for them - there is still a choice to follow the path, change directions, or make the path their own, but there will be some inescapable aspects of the journey.
  • Base Camp - Starting point on the journey, others have walked this path before, some remain as guides, some have left. The tools, the stories, the memories remain. You are not alone, even if your party may be sparse. You are not starting from nothing, you are walking in the footsteps of those who came before.
  • The Low - There are people working behind the scenes, it is unclear at this point if they are working for you or against you, but it affects your journey, and you have to wait for the outcome before you can move forward.
  • Guide to Magiq - your journey is beginning, your test is beginning. Do you have what you need? Are you being honest with yourself? You cannot hide your truth, this trial will draw it out of you. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and trust the flow of Magiq.
  • Adept - You have proven your inner nature and been embraced by the world of magiq. You are still learning what your affinities are, but no one can deny that magiq lives and breathes through you.
  • Abandoned Subway - Something bad is coming, there’s just no two ways about it. You’ve probably had a gut feeling about it and this is your opportunity to brace for impact.

I’m running out of creativity, but now that I’m a little more familiar with AGP/TMP/Magiqverse, I feel a little more comfortable expanding on some of @Revenir’s original thought spawns, but I’m also a little nervous that I don’t totally have a grasp on like… the shape and feel of some of the aspects, y’know?

Thoughts???

12 Likes

Anyone else wanna take a stab at some of these? (Maybe people who feel more confident at describing or creating images of the magiqverse? :blush::sunglasses: )

4 Likes

Pushing people out of the nest sounds so mean :joy:

3 Likes