Basecamp 34 Update - 1/16/20

Someone (EDIT: it was eternalhearts, as evident from the above post) was talking about the pages being blank…anyone else having that issue? Mine have text.

I think…both of those sentences are the first two sentences in The Book of Briars. And wow that sounds weird and Inception-y.

15 Likes

I have text in mine! I am also just SCREAMING!

14 Likes

Text! Seven pages for me starting from page 3. Theres something hidden here, i swear. Anyone else get the message about ilya?

14 Likes

I am raging with jealousy over here!!! I don’t even care that it’s almost 11pm and that I should be working. I jsut want to immerse myself and read!

12 Likes

I’ve got text in mine! Pages 3-9, about Ilya.
@eternalhearts, is your browser all updated and everything? Or do you have a different browser you could try on? Not sure if it’s a magiqal problem or a software one ^.^

17 Likes

@Cirydae, I got it on Firefox, thank you!!!

18 Likes

Yay! Now you can join us in ABSOLUTELY FREAKING OUT!!!

19 Likes

Freaking out is right. This is the very reason I read the last chapter of books, and why I prefer to watch TV a season (or series) behind - I cannot wait, I need to know all. the. things.

I’m dying over here knowing that this is going to unfurl over time. I cannot even deal.

16 Likes

It sounds like it’s set in Neithernor. The sign says welcome, so that would imply the sign is in Neithernor, and unless I’m off, the sign is with Ilya.

16 Likes

lays under blanket in the dark like a kid again reading from the tablet feeling oddly like Bastian Bux

17 Likes

Um… I think this is the best thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning!

15 Likes

I have things to do today but I HAD to stop and read this first…

16 Likes

I can’t believe I’m just seeing this! It’s incredible!!!

15 Likes

The Book seems to be telling a story about itself.

13 Likes

Thought you guys might appreciate the card I drew for today. Congrats, seems like a path forward’s opened. Know you guys seemed bummed about how things have been going. Does anyone feel different today? Just wondering…!

16 Likes

Oh wow. Wow wow wow. Waking up to those pages feels like waking up on Christmas morning. Or maybe New Years, as some others have said… I have no idea what happens next for us, but I’m pretty dang sure we did something awesome yesterday!

15 Likes

I stayed in town because I woke up to this and… implications.

So many implications in just 9 pages. (Look at me spit rhymes. I should write my own hip-hop Hamilton-inspired musical based on The Book of Briars.)

I’m waiting until everyone has read the pages, but there are already things I’m noticing as clues and details that imply a lot. Like… was this particular, special autumn our last autumn? As in end of last year? Is this just fiction or an adaptation of events that happened outside our purview?

Also, obviously, Happy Mirumagiqum!

20 Likes

@Eaves, good question - I had been reading it as though the autumn in question were coming up in 2020. No idea why, but there it is.

13 Likes

Same here- youre not alone on that one

13 Likes

I’m currently betting that the autumn in question was in 2018. The Day of Change was Sept 23, 2018 so that Autumn had just begun the day before. Also she points out the storm in 1998 sign and mentions this is 20 years later. Granted, all that can be taken with a grain of salt given the memory problems, but the few facts that come through the fog for her when she concentrates seem to be solid.

This may be the story of what the BoB has been doing since we ‘opened’ it back in 2018 and the route it took to come out.

20 Likes