Basecamp 34 Update - 1/16/20

Well said, @Augustus_Octavian.

This was a man who had his memory wiped of most of what he loved 20 years ago. He had seen his war back in 1998. But we dragged him back into a world of magic and he damage it’s done to him is almost too cruel to imagine.

The only saving grace in this whole mess is that his kids believe he’ll be back. Explaining things to kids is never easy, but Saberlane strikes me as a very grounded guy. If he thought he was never coming back, he wouldn’t have told his kids he was. He would have found a better way to explain that he was going away forever.

For what it’s worth, I think Saberlane fully believed he’d be back. I’m not sure what I believe in at this point about all this.

19 Likes

I’m hoping that’s the case too, @Robert. And not just because I’m suddenly a 23-year-old in charge of a whole company.

Sorry, guys, I don’t really know what else to say, or what to do. This is gonna take some time to process.

21 Likes

So… what. No clues? Thats it?! I wont accept that. Magiq’s let us track lost people before, SURELY theres SOMETHING we can use?!

15 Likes

Guys… a new thread popped up…

16 Likes

@Viviane I don’t know him as well as you all do, but I don’t think that he’d want us to give up. We’ll figure this out.

@Catherine Take the time you need. We’ll keep you posted. This is alot on your shoulders.

@Eaves How are you all doing?

16 Likes

Guys. Not sure if this is the right place. A little help? - #4 by Cj_Heighton

13 Likes

2 things.

1. This has to be a related lead. It has to be.

2. I dread having to explain to someone in a psychiatric hospital how the Consolatory Teatime for Misplaced Memory spell works, but it might be a way to figure out who this is, if mundane guesswork doesn’t work.

17 Likes

I know there’s not a lot to go on, but as we’ve been holding on to for as long as I’ve been a mountie…it’s definitely time to trust the flow of magiq. I can’t believe that after all of this, it’s poof and Sabes is gone. Maybe he got into Neithernor. Maybe magiq brought him somewhere else and he’ll be back with more stories for us. If he believed he would be back, I think it’s a disservice to him to disregard that entirely.

Until we know more, @Catherine know you’ve still got all of us and you aren’t alone out there.

Hey @Eaves…any news on BC34? I hope it’s good…

15 Likes

I’d be hyper-cautious about using Teatime in this case. New book, new rules, remember? Not that I’m not willing to try it if we had no other options, but we just barely got the aliquary seeded, and at way too great a cost.

16 Likes

If our focuses ended up in Neithernor, maybe @Saberlane did, too! If the first chapter takes place in the past, but @Nimueh’s necklace and the very tree it was on ended up in 2018, maybe he did as well.

@Catherine, please please let us know if we can help. You have an amazing responsibility, but never think you are alone :heart:

21 Likes

Also, regarding the doc - should we ask him to tell his patient that the Book of Briars has changed? Maybe she will react if she reacted during the wellspring.

15 Likes

Leading the conversation in that other thread with “yes magiq is absolutely real and we need to you believe what we say” seems a little hasty, y’all.

Careful not to overwhelm the man and chase him off. He’s already going above and beyond checking our site for more info at all…let’s be careful in what we choose to tell him or ask him to do next. He clearly wants to help his patient, but that doesn’t mean he’ll put all disbelief aside the second we call “magiq!” in chorus. It’s a big leap.

17 Likes

You’re probably right. I guess at this point, since Saberlane is gone and emotions are high, we’ve been quick to grab onto anything that seems magiq related in hopes we can do something. If not for Saberlane, then for someone else. I know I should slow down, but I just really want to do something you know?

15 Likes

I understand - of course you want to do something! The sooner we find answers to more magiqal mysteries, the sooner we might find a way to get Sabes back, right? I certainly hope so. :heart:

We just have to be careful not to jump so suddenly at this new lead that he spooks, writes us off, and doesn’t come back.

14 Likes

we oughta hold off now and wait till they return. God knows when that’ll be, but its best we dont flood them.

12 Likes

Agreed. Right now, it’s clear we’re eager to help and exchange information. Whether he buys anything about magiq or thinks we’re overenthusiastic role players, I imagine we look like a promising lead to him, too.

15 Likes

mh.

10 Likes

Am I missing something? How is this person posting in the age of magiq section? Isn’t he too new to be able to post there?

EDIT: I could quite possibly be miss remembering the access process though.

14 Likes

Thanks for all of your kind words, everyone. Sabes always trusted you all to do what’s right, so I will too. Logging off for the day, but I’ll be back in the office tomorrow :heart:

20 Likes

You’re correct that under normal processes this person wouldn’t be able to post in the Age of Magiq category. Non-reader profiles run by AGP are often created with “member” status to bypass this for plot purposes. Sorry to jump in and spoiler tag, just wanted to preserve immersion in the active pages.

16 Likes