Basecamp 34 Update - 1/16/20

I’ll try to be there as soon as I can but I might have to be a late anchor…also…for those of us not particularly good at the writing part, does step 1 have to be particularly intricate? Would a simple story bit be sufficient, do we think?

16 Likes

Absolutely. Simple is good. See you all tomorrow.

17 Likes

Sounds good! I’m excited to see what tomorrow brings, and ready to help spread some magiq. Whatever happens tomorrow, it’s been a joy to see everything that has happened just in the half year I’ve been around - here’s to a new age and all of the wonder to come :purple_heart:

14 Likes

Hm. I don’t know about the rest of my fellow east-coasters, but north of Philly, it’s so foggy I can’t see beyond the neighbor’s house across the street.
Guess it’s a good day for this spell. Can’t wait to get started!

16 Likes

Um … the Book of Briars just…changed.

15 Likes

I’d say that means we’re doing something (something right, I hope)! If you haven’t posted cast yet, make sure to head over to the Wellspring Casting Thread to help us out. We need almost the help we can get jumpstarting the new book!

15 Likes

It’s beautiful.

15 Likes

Finally back to some internet, thought I’d hoped my phone would let me post while I so out, so I’m adding what I did now. Keep them coming guys if you haven’t already posted!!

14 Likes

It’s so lovely :heart:

13 Likes

Just read yours. Finding Thrain’s key to Erebor hanging on a tree would be the coolest thing ever, what an awesome thing to leave behind! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

You guys are doing great so far! I love reading your stories.

Can anyone post and add to the spell or was there people chosen beforehand? Would love to help out any way I can!

14 Likes

Please post your story and focus object, too! The more people we have supporting the flow and spread of magiq, the better!

15 Likes

Has anyone else had it change appearance over the day? Or has my phone just been having issues displaying this very magical book :joy: Regardless, I’m going to take this as a sign that things are working. Keep on bringing the stories, everyone; we need all the help we can get!

15 Likes

Keep 'em coming people!

Um. I honestly don’t remember how TBoB looked before…

13 Likes

I’m holed up at the inn where I usually message you (nearest internet) and I wanted to let you know that I just got a call and BC34 has all cast their parts of the spell. And I’ve done mine.

A fog rolled in and it’s now almost midnight so I’m holding off on the hours long trip back to the castle. But we’ve done everything on our end. I sent a message back to ask Yuridia if she’s felt anything.

But, I don’t know… something feels different. Not like a big bang or anything, but… new. Bright. Like New Year’s Day.

I’m an optimist, and not at all qualified to say, but I think something’s happening.

23 Likes

A windstorm started this morning that hasn’t stopped all day. I’m used to chinooks, but this is something different. Dad was outside, and the wind picked him up and threw him into a ditch 10 feet away. It’s sort of scary, but feels like a good sign.
There was a regular chinook last night, and I thought it was a good omen - Chinook is Blackfoot for “Snow Eater” and cleans the prairie - It seemed appropriate for the end of a Book - This new storm though isn’t gradually eating the snow away. To me it feels like it’s pushing something towards us instead of pulling snow and dirt away. I have a good feeling about this guys. A new age is coming.

20 Likes

Exactly! Like brushing the ashes of the Book of Kings out the door.

P.S. Not sure if you’re still in the office, but when you can, let us know how the aliquary is looking, Sabes.

19 Likes

I stayed away from the office today per Sabes’ orders, and I still haven’t heard anything more from him, but I just wanted to let you guys know I did my part as best I could.

I didn’t have a story planned out because I spent most of my day running around the city catching up with friends I hadn’t seen in a long time, but my day was so full of the small kindnesses of the people who know and love you better than anyone that it was almost overwhelming. People who think to ask about your parents, and remember your siblings’ names. People who hold your hand and keep you steady when you’re about to fall on your butt ice skating. People who don’t ask questions when you say you need to go duck into the woods for a little bit to cast a spell with the acorn that you’ve just been casually carrying around in your coat pocket since October for no reason other than it felt right to pick it up and hold onto it one day.

I don’t know anything more than you guys do at this point, and I’m just as anxious about what I’ll be coming back to on Monday. But I will say that today was one of those rare New York days where, despite the cold and general overcast gloom, things felt pretty okay. More than okay, actually. I felt a kind of optimism that I haven’t really felt since I first moved here two years ago. Whatever we’re doing, I really think it’s working.

18 Likes

How is everyone? I’ve been reading everyone’s figurations and they’re so warm and fuzzy!

14 Likes

Um, guys? Did the Book of Briars just share…a link…to…itself?

Or part of itself?

17 Likes