Avengers: Endgame Discussion SPOILERS ABOUND

Here’s a pic!

7 Likes

I second that headcanon.

2 Likes

See, I really wanted to like it, but it felt really gimmicky to me. Weird how Marvel has only just figured out in the last year that women watch their movies… I honestly much preferred the moment in Infinity War where SW is being taunted by that one child of Thanos during the big fight scene about how she’s going to die alone and BW says, “She’s not alone.” I personally thought that was a much more powerful and less contrived demonstration of women’s solidarity (and I say that as a proud feminist and someone who absolutely adored CM and went to see it twice in the theater, lol). That said, I’m glad you enjoyed it and found it powerful and meaningful (:

6 Likes

Um, can we please take a moment to appreciate the “Hail HYDRA” scene? Because YESSSSSSSSS. I was cackling with delight.

Also, my fiance pointed out after we watched the movie that Pepper Potts is an insanely good person… as he put it, “the moral strength required to tell him it was okay and wait until he couldn’t see her before she started crying is just… sigh.” I can barely even think about it without choking up.

5 Likes

I hope that in the future we get a Captain America becomes a hydra agent because that would be an awesome twist!

I’m so glad they finally had Pepper in the rescuer armour!! Her relationship with Tony is just so amazing that then ending made me cry

3 Likes

I agree it was a little gimmicky, but it was also a call back to that scene in Infinity War. I guess it just hit differently for me because it was Black Widow who said SW wasn’t alone, and the second time around Black Widow wasn’t there, but the solidarity remained. I don’t know. I decided in this movie that I did not like the soul stone like at all.

2 Likes

Also I think one of the most underrated moments in the film was when Nebular and Stark were playing a game on the spaceship. It was just so heartwarming seeing how nice stark was to her and the look on her face when he said she’d won was amazing! Because throughout her whole life she’s been second place to Gamora never being able to win and finally she’s won something!

4 Likes

See, I don’t in any way like the idea of any version of Cap as a HYDRA agent because he’s too good for that, but I felt like that scene was an acknowledgement of how seriously Marvel messed up by printing that comic and making so much of their readership angry. Kind of a humorous reference to their own error, which I respect. Also, all of Cap’s interactions with his past self were hysterical.

4 Likes

Yea…I have All Sorts of negative reactions to the “cap is hydra” idea. But I thought that scene played well.

6 Likes

I basically grew up with these movies, so Endgame was a great payoff to a lifelong investment. Superheroes have a very important place in modern day culture (technically being this centuries version of Mythology) and it’s nice to see them get what they deserve.

Endgame was great, I loved Tony’s final scene and I was really happy to see Scarlet Witch wreck Thanos.

The line from the first iron Man movie, “is this the last act of defiance from the great tony stark?” has more weight now with what he did in the movie.

“I am inevitable.”
“I am Iron Man.”

Such a good moment.

I won’t lie, i was glad Captain Marvel was hardly in the film. I’ve never been the biggest fan of her, especially in the comics. (Civil War 2 was a mess because of her) and from what I’ve heard, Disney forced the Russo Brothers to include her in Endgame because they expected she’d be popular from her solo debut. The Russo’s didn’t want to force her into a narrative she didn’t fit into, so I can see why she was used so sparingly.

By far my favorite moment in the scene was Cap America tightening his shield and standing up, the sun shining on him while Thanos and his entire army opposed him. It was cinematic art and i’m screenshotting it when the digital release comes around.
But then the whole reveal of the rest of the Avengers and that single line that kills me every time i hear it, regardless of what Avengers media i’m watching:

“Avengers Assemble.”

I still hold to my belief that the movie should have been named something else (Maybe “Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”) but regardless, Endgame was an amazing film and I want to see it again.

2 Likes

Plus the scene on Voromir, Hawkeye vs Black Widow, will always be one of my favorite scenes. You could see the ferocity of how badly one wanted the other to live. It really added weight to their friendship and partnership in the MCU and was, in my opinion, an excellent moment. I can imagine every member of the Avengers fighting that hard to save one another. Widow was at her best in this movie, I think. I really enjoyed her performance, even if it was her last.

I’m just also hoping that with the inclusion of the Multiverse in Far From Home, Disney won’t bring back characters like Widow or Iron Man, because that would ruin the weight of their sacrifice and basically make it seem nearly meaningless.

Lose one Iron Man just to get one from another dimension? No thanks, don’t let the MCU become Marvel comics, which do that too often.

5 Likes