4. The Search For Magiq: Peering Arts

Going backwards would make some sense. Then we’d be unpeeling the elements in from most recent to last, like an onion.

That assumes of course they went in order. But going in reverse can’t hurt in any case. Also if it’s our strong intention to unwrap these elements by symbollically going ‘backwards’ then that could add to the spell.

16 Likes

So we’ll have six different people each with one notebook assigned to an element right?

10 Likes

I have a bunch of notebooks if a Weatherwatch is needed, but if anyone else wants to step in feel free! I’ll be back-up this time around. Still really unsure about time differences, since I’m bad at telling time to begin with.

13 Likes

I can be a backup for Thornmouth, I’ll let someone else step up since I was in the cataclysm.

8 Likes

…I know I hopped right on into this, but if another Ebbie that hasn’t had the chance to do (as much) magiq wants to throw themselves at the unknown I’m happy to be a backup as well. :laurensmile:

11 Likes

So, am I right to say atm we have (brackets indicate people who’ve said they’ll be backup):

Also, how do we want to go about altering the spell? Anyone got any thoughts?

17 Likes

If there is another Gossmere interested in casting, perhaps a newer member, then please feel free to step in. If no one from my guild is available I am happy to be backup.

13 Likes

I’d be willing to try, but as I wasn’t here the first time I’m still not entirely sure what it entails and how to cast? (I’ve looked through a fair chunk of the forum but my memory and ability to find things are not the best) So if someone could re-explain I’d be happy to help out. If not that’s also fine!

15 Likes

I’m not great at explaining (let alone explaining magiq), but this was us the last time we used this spell. We’d added some stuff to it that time too, so it gives me a little more confidence in our ability to adapt it this time :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Oh, thank you! I’ll be giving this a read now!

9 Likes

Same…if there’s a new Flinter who is itching for some magiq, just give a shout. Otherwise I’m in.

11 Likes

Alright, I’ve read the thread and I understand now! Now I just need to figure out the appropriate object for Aether… I’m mid-packing so my room is a little hard to navigate but I’m sure I can figure something out. And I definitely have notebooks. Aplenty.

Considering a necklace of mine: it’s a small glass vial with nothing inside but air and memories, tied on a long leather cord. I got it in a viking store and tried mead for the first time. The man at the desk told me I’d become ever more powerful if I kept trying things I was interested in. It was a good day!

18 Likes

That sounds like a perfect symbol for our element, Bean!

10 Likes

Any new Thornies looking to get involved?

8 Likes

@BrokenVoid I’d be interested in trying! I’ve very much been a lurker here but I think I’ve read enough to get a sense of what’s involved.

A few objects are already coming to mind too!

13 Likes

I’ll be backup! Idk if anyone else is jonesing for some magiq or not.

9 Likes

Awesome, edited the list above to reflect (sorry for the pings).

10 Likes

Instead of one person taking up the large mantle of rewriting the entire original spell for this. How about everyone propose one or two for guilds they care about, and we can compile them that way? Easier task, many hands, et al

So, the original verses had an ABB rhyme structure. I’d randomly suggest doing BBA just because. Also probably mentioning something about searching, finding the elements, or binding to the journal.

Here’s my stab at Balimora.

Before:
Wild (Balimora)
The darkened world is stirring now
Before dawn breaks its silence
Life and death move hand in hand, the minuet of violence

Suggestion:
Wild (Balimora)
Life ends in death, as death ends in life
A calm, placid world of never ending strife
Bring forward the Wild into the written world

(I reserve the right to change that last line…not sure I like it yet.)

How would you express YOUR guild in 3 lines?

15 Likes

Thornmouth:
The flame of Thought grows ever stronger,
Within the veil we wait no longer,
We seek the truth through the power of written word.

17 Likes

So I tried:
Aether (Gossmere)
The breeze that turns the endless pages,
Adrift and unseen through the ages,
All encompassed in sincere refrain.

If anyone thinks of anything I could do to make it better let me know!

18 Likes