17.5. The Secret Society: Spell Discussion and Planning for Woolie

The aviation glass windows seemed pretty promising.

7 Likes

Spells are happening!

8 Likes

So, to compile volunteers:

• Grim - Ebenguard
  • Rev
  • Nim - Balimora (tentative)
  • Sel - Thornmouth (tentative)
  • Oracle - Goss
  • Tinker - Flinterforge

And locations:

• “As the hunter’s moon ascends, find a feast for all the senses” - Feast of the Hunter’s Moon
  • “Seek a long-abandoned sun that’s now rotting behind fences” - ???
  • “Find a monument to travel and a way to let in light” - Stained Window
  • “And a view upon a hilltop that once was used for flight” - ???
  • “Feel the wind over the water, where bodies lie below” - ???
  • “Then find the lonely, wayward stone where prairie grasses grow” - Big Rock

Maybe pair people with their closest location? Might be a better chance of returning safely with a shorter distance?

11 Likes

Since the hunters moon one is so close to me, I feel like I should be involved somehow…I dont want to step on @Revenir’s magiqal toes, but I could be his guild buddy? Help with grounding or guiding or something?

Edit: I’ve just realized that I’ve bought things at the festival AND made costume pieces for it before…definite beacon material

8 Likes

You can be the one to do it, it’s fine. I don’t identify with Flinterforge anymore, to be honest… (For clarity, I left the guild group months ago, but didn’t have the heart to say anything outright. :eavessweat: So as an unaffiliated person, I should probably just sit this one out.)

6 Likes

First of all you may not have a “guild home” but you are still affiliated with the Mounties, so. You can take part in any spell you want.

8 Likes

I’ll do this for Gossmere. I’m nervous, and I share Augos feelings… This just is something that needs to be done.

8 Likes

I’m with Dey, you’re family. Guild or no you are a Mountie and have as much right to casting as any of us.

7 Likes

Aw guys, that means a lot. :laurencry: I’ve been having a hard time saying it because I know it makes things complicated. I’ve just been labeling myself Unnamed for now, like the last forgotten house. But if it all works out and there’s a spot for me to participate in some way then I’d love to do so. :cjheart:

12 Likes

Who knows, maybe we will need you to recall us from an unwakeable slumber.
Kidding, lets hope that doesn’t need to happen.

8 Likes

Yeah that would definitely be terrible, and hopefully we’ll be able to put up some safeguards to prevent that. :grimacing:

7 Likes

As for the grounding objects, sure we can use the pins but we should keep in mind that the metal they are made of has been implied to be Neithernorian in nature. We don’t know exactly how grounding they are. Though maybe we should wear them on our persons as a link, a way to find each other if something goes south. Or worse case scenario, an artifact that may be able to call us back to our fellow mounties.

10 Likes

oh no…I didnt intend for that to be the precursor to giving you the boot off the spell team! You had just said something about having a lot of boxes or something and I just meant I’ve got the materials to light your way in! Also you might not be part of the guild anymore, but the Flinter Fam is forever :purple_heart: the moto jacket and cool boots were non returnable, sorry :wink:

10 Likes

just noticed: The wind over the water where bodies lie below… niagra falls? People died falling off the falls a couple times in the past, and its a super active area for like swells and waves and sea spray.

7 Likes

:heart: As if you were getting those boots back! Haha :eaveshug:

9 Likes

Hey! So I’ve been thinking about this clue.

In one of my theatre classes last semester, we focused on Irish Theatre. And the professor who taught the class was a sound designer, and he talked about going to the Aran Islands to record sounds on the cliffs there. One of the things that stood out to me was that there’s an intense wind on these cliffs, but they’re also known for being quite dangerous. Many people have fallen off of them. My professor was staying with locals and, whenever he’d mention going to the cliffs, he said they just went somber, their mood totally changing. I believe he went to the cliffs on Inishmaan, but there’s also the Cliffs of Moher which are quite famous.

The cool thing is, this is also connected to Ackerly Green! Warner Green was born on the Island of Inisheer, which is also part of the Aran Islands! I don’t know if it’s the right place, but I did think the tie in was quite interesting.

Edit: And maybe something for the sun clue? This “Gate of the Sun” Monolithic Stone Monument Has Baffled Experts For Centuries It’s definitely abandoned, and it is sort of a fence?

10 Likes

There’s the rule of precedence, I believe, but I managed to find both an anchor and the beacon for the spell almost immediately, so, if the time zones allow, I’m more than happy to be Grim’s backup. I also know it’s a bit of a deep water cause it would be my first spell cast with yours but shrugs let’s be optimistic :wink:

…if, of course, there’s anything that can be near me.

I also tried to locate sunken cemeteries in different places but they’re always somehow related to Philippines - even if they match the location, it’s a stretch.

There’s also a Renfrew Airport that was replaced by Tesco near Glasgow. Just sayin’.

7 Likes

@Skylad, would you be able to be the caster for Weatherwatch? I’m still on a rural visit (hence my absence the past few days), and even if I wasn’t, I don’t have Herman here in Senegal (I didn’t want to risk losing him here). I’m more than willing to back you up, though, I just want to make sure we’ve got enough folks for the spell!

10 Likes

Didn’t Oracle recommend scrying earlier? Might that be a good idea for figuring out where exactly our dreamers will be sending their eternal spirits off to during this spell.

14 Likes

I’m 110% down to do some scrying, y’all. The more info we have about these before jumping out of the physical plane, the better.

13 Likes