13. The Secret Society: On The Atlantic

Oh I managed to appear it again!!

13 Likes

YES!

ā€¦and now, with a bit more chill, a recap of all of them. :deirdreexcited:

Things that grow but arenā€™t alive - Minerals low - Remus, Logan Museum of Anthropology, ā€œA Terrible Stormā€

On wires - A jolt in the air - Mike, Spark Museum, ā€œA Broken Heartā€

On wheels - A meeting of waters - Chi, Kamloops Museum & Archives, ā€œA Lost Shipā€

Or wings - Where gold bubbles flow - Mr5yy, Aviation Museum, Champaign, ā€œThe Little Islandā€

That travel between north and south - A link in the address - Oracle, Bucks County Civil War Library & Museum, ā€œDark Shoalsā€

Or twinkle in the sky - A mill I can reach - Echo, Art Gallery at UCF, ā€œChoppy Waterā€

15 Likes

hey @Saberlane, feel like talking to our ghostie friend today?

11 Likes

We did it! Great work everyone!

11 Likes

Great work guys! Okay, Iā€™m out of the city until Monday but Iā€™ll have @Catherine (who is not at all looking forward to meeting Woolie) keep an eye out. So happy to have forward momentum. Letā€™s see where this next one goes.

15 Likes

Wow!! So excited for you guys!! But also now much more anxious about being all alone in the officeā€¦:flushed:

16 Likes

You can do it! Bring cookies also. Ghosts like cookies, atleast most of the time.

10 Likes

You can pull a @MissEvans and @Leigha, and stand/sit in a circle of salt while youā€™re there.

13 Likes

@Catherine You get all the fun jobs :joy:

13 Likes

Awesome work, guys! Iā€™m so proud of you all. :eaveshug:

11 Likes

also, it sounds like those fragments tell a story. A ship sailing on choppy waters late at night got lost and landed on an island, perhaps?

6 Likes

Hey guys, quick updateā€“
First things first, still no sign of Woolieā€¦Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m disappointed or relieved. Itā€™s been generally pretty quiet in the office for the past few weeks, but I was still a little on edge this afternoon after you guys found the last piece of memory. The only thing that happened today that was even slightly out of the ordinary, (and I say slightly because weā€™re pretty sure our office neighbors are in the mafia and there are questionable noises coming from next door all the time) was a huge THUMP sound at one point coming from what felt like right behind me. I jumped about a mile out of my seat, but there definitely wasnā€™t anything or anyone else in the office with me, and aside from a little rattling of some stuff on the bookshelf, nothing in the office was affected or disrupted or out of place in anyway. I was more than a little shook, but I told myself I was just being paranoid and stuck it out for another hour or so, then left at my normal time and went straight from the office to meet up with some friends for a Yankees game.

I just got home and got settled to read a little before bed, but when I pulled my book out of my bag I found this stuck inside where I left off? I found my normal bookmark at the bottom of my bag, which isnā€™t super unusual for it to fall out, but Iā€™m absolutely positive Iā€™ve never seen this ticket thing (if thatā€™s even what it is?) before in my life. I also know for sure that my book was with me in my bag all day, and the last time I opened it before now was on the subway ride to the office this morning. I donā€™t know what to make of it, and I still have like a million goosebumps all over my body, but I canā€™t shake the feeling that this was somehow meant for you guys?

15 Likes

She still waits out there

ā€¦thatā€™s not creepy at all. :colewat:

13 Likes

Okay thatā€™s more than a little spoopy :grimacing: And maybe itā€™s not a response direct from Woolie, but it seems linked on first glance? The clues we got were about choppy water and a lost ship and a broken heartā€¦

13 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more. Good lord is that creepy. :scream:

No idea where this phantom lighthouse is, and thatā€™s probably a good thing. Iā€™d be tempted to suggest bringing a Ouija board, but that seems like the setup for a horror movie. :joy:

14 Likes

Yeah the more I think about it the more freaked out I getā€¦so much for my quiet, calming, pre-bed reading time :colewat:
So uh, you guys got this, right? Thereā€™s definitely a logical, non-horror movie answer for this? Because no way in hell am I touching a ouija board again eitherā€¦

15 Likes

Dont worry, cath. We got this.

6 Likes

Iā€™m all for team No-Ouija. Iā€™ve seen (the trailers for) those moviesā€¦it never ends wellā€¦

12 Likes

Ouija boards are nightmare fuel, one time me and my cousin messed around with one in Marthas Vineyard, and eugh, I had nightmares for weeks.

That is so creepy, but also kinda cool? I guess the bright side of this is, maybe Woolie is the source? Is it less scary if you know the ghost?

EDIT: I googled The Phantom Lighthouse, and the only thing of interest I saw was the 1935 film, but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s relevant?

14 Likes

AB 10622. Alberta? Might be something incoming, @Sellalellen and ginger.

9 Likes